As you’re reading this, I’m waking up in New Orleans for my little brother’s destination wedding. It’s been in the works for slightly over a year and it’s hard to believe the wedding weekend is finally here. It’s been close to 10 years (and 2 kids) since my last visit to NOLA so I’m excited to show the kids around and introduce them to Mommy’s favorite doughnuts — beignets! I think they might still be a bit too young for oysters — Mommy’s OTHER favorite food. I’ll be soaking up the sunshine (it’s 80 degrees!), fulfilling my bridesmaid/sister-of-the-groom duties and sharing my trip (and outfits!) with ya’ll over INSTAGRAM + FACEBOOK — so make sure to follow along!
What I’m Reading:
• 10 DECORATING CONUNDRUMS SOLVED BY AN INTERIOR DESIGN PROFESSIONAL — I’ve got 99 problems, but interior design ain’t one.
• Ever wonder what OLYMPIC ATHLETES EAT FOR BREAKFAST!?
• No matter your political affiliation, you will definitely get a chuckle at these TONGUE + CHEEK HEADLINES FROM THE LIFESTYLE BLOG OF AN INCREASINGLY ANXIOUS IVANKA TRUMP.
• If you’ve ever considered adding bangs to your hair ‘do, I highly recommend you read this CAUTIONARY TALE before committing to the chop.
What I’m Making:
• CHICKEN/VEGGIE FRIED CAULIFLOWER RICE is one of my favorite quick and easy weeknight dinners — and a great way to use your leftovers!
• I’ll be prepping these MIXED BERRY BAKED OATMEAL BARS on Sunday night for weekday breakfasts.
What I’m Buying:
• You’ll be SHOCKED when you learn who makes this SOPHISTICATED WATCH. You’ll be even more surprised when you see the price tag.
• It’s never too late to invest in a DOWN JACKET that you’re actually excited to wear.
• I’m always on the hunt for stylish TWIST FRONT CARDIGANS — they’re awesome for effortless layering through all 4 seasons!
Have a great weekend, folks!