1. If you’re in the market for some new wall art and looking to save a few bucks, I have yet to see an easier (and quicker) DIY project than THIS ONE. (curbly.com)
3. Leah Remini is making her publicity rounds promoting her new book about leaving Scientology. I found this CONVERSATION BETWEEN REMINI + PAUL HAGGIS really interesting… Scientology just baffles me more and more each day. (vanityfair.com)
4. Got relatives coming over for the holidays? Be the BEST HOST TO YOUR HOUSEGUESTS with these simple ideas that will make them want to never leave. Wait, that might not be a good thing!? (laurenconrad.com)
5. I’ve been known to send dinner guests home from my house with a fresh baked “party favor.” It’s an easy undertaking as a host and so very appreciated by my guests– especially the next morning! I’m generally partial to homemade cookies or muffins, but these MINI MASON JAR PIES just might be the ticket this year! (iheartnaptime.net)
6. I look forward to embarrassing my children… kind of like THESE PARENTS. (buzzfeed.com)
7. The oversized scarf trend is going strong (again) this season and of-course I can’t resist an accessory that is like my own personal blanket on-to-go. ASOS is one of my favorite shopping destinations for scarves and the online retailer did not disappoint.
For those of us in the NE Ohio area… how lucky are we!? We’ve been enjoying 70 degree temperatures and sunshine all week in NOVEMBER!!! Even a little rain today isn’t going to get me down. It’s Friday, after all and I’ve got big plans for this weekend that include a well balanced mix of household chores (does anyone else hate cleaning out kids’ closets as much as I do!?), kids’ sports and a big, girly night out.
Have you guys heard of Valerie Mayen? She was a Project Runway finalist a few seasons back, a Cleveland hometown girl and very talented designer. She’s hosting her annual fashion show and HULLABALOO party to debut her latest collection entitled, VIVA FEMME. Not only is the fashion going to be amazing (Mondo Guerra is going to be showing a capsule as well!) but the event is dedicated to the women of LAURA’S HOME — a shelter serving the needs of women in crisis that have been victims of abuse or violence.
I’m looking forward to reporting back with all of the highlights!
Hope you have a great weekend!