After dodging all of the germ-infested yuck and nastiness going around all winter, I woke up yesterday with a sore throat. Unfortunately, it’s gone quickly downhill from there. My body is achy, I have a throbbing headache and gross runny nose. I’ve traded in my beloved morning coffee for a steaming cup of tea with lemon and honey and I’ve been pounding my go-to AIRBORNE vitamin supplements. Currently, it seems like all of this is pretty manageable, but it sucks to be sick. My fingers are crossed for a quick recovery because I’ve got kids home for a long President’s Day weekend and a really exciting milestone event happening in just a few more hours… more on THAT to come!
As for now, I’ll be curled up on my couch with my blanket, hot tea and Friday Link Love to keep me company…
What I’m Reading:
• Valentine’s Day may have come and gone, but it’s never too late to plan YOUR NEXT ROMANTIC GETAWAY.
• Instagram is not just for those youngins — here are 11 STYLISH WOMEN OVER 50 YOU SHOULD BE FOLLOWING!
• When people ask me what my holy grail beauty products are, you can be certain that retinol is included in the list. Since I’m not a skincare professional, I love this RETINOL Q&A for explaining the benefits of this miracle ingredient.
• If you’ve been following my Instagram stories over the past week, you might have gotten a peek at my newfound food love: banana milk. LEARN ALL BOUT THIS NEW(ISH) PRODUCT AND THE BEST WAYS TO USE IT!
What I’m Making:
• Meyer lemon is probably one of my favorite ingredients of the season. I’m dying to try this MEYER LEMON + BACON BUCATINI PASTA WITH KALE AND CAULIFLOWER.
• These delicious RASPBERRY SWIRL BLONDIES have a secret unusual ingredient: pink peppercorns!
What I’m Buying:
I wanted to share with you a brand/retailer that has been one of my favorites for quite some time, but still remains under the radar — which personally, I LOVE. It’s called & OTHER STORIES and it has a minimalist and classic feel, with an infusion of the best trends of the season. Better yet, the price points are very budget friendly which means this is a line that’s accessible to everyone!
Here are a few pieces that I adore and have pulled for both clients and myself!
Clearly, I have a color scheme going — rust, black, cream, blue and green!
• Wear it with your favorite neutral t-shirt and this OVERSIZED MOHAIR CARDIGAN on top!
Anyway, I could keep going for a long time. Just go. Check it out for yourself. That is all.